#1 bluesurviver

bluesurviver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

Looks like there was a new high price on Ebay - 460$, glad I paid "only" 300$ on mine... :)

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Walkera UFO MX400 - OpenPilot Revolution - Walkera RX701 - Skywalker Quattro 4in1 20A ESC - Walkera WK-WS-28-009 760 KV - Wild Scorpion 11.1V 2200mAh 3S 30C - Walkera Devention 7 - CopterX B3 2-3Cell LiPo Balance Charger

#2 KillaX

KillaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

I dont mean to be a stickler or anything, but I never understand why people would pay > retail on a CopterControl. Maybe 60 over, but, there's people willing to go cheaper... What i really dont understand, is why idiots resale the things for $460 dollars. If i had a spare one, that i didnt want to keep ( Which is never, why wouldnt I want to keep a spare??? ), I would sell it for $130, because thats close to retail value. Its a shame to see people rip others off, especially by a 200 dollar profit >_>

Just my opinion.

I wish ebay had comments so you could be a smart-ass :P "unopen" But the box is opened! LIES!

Edited by KillaX, 22 May 2012 - 02:41 PM.

Posted Image

#3 bluesurviver

bluesurviver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

I would see it in another light, there are people which don't wanna wait months/years to have one CopterControl. I basically paid more to skip the months of waiting/finding. I'm not sorry for those money and I would do it again. Of course I wouldn't pay for any control board, I documented myself before doing it and I assured myself that I pay that amount of money on the best technology in the market.

Walkera UFO MX400 - OpenPilot Revolution - Walkera RX701 - Skywalker Quattro 4in1 20A ESC - Walkera WK-WS-28-009 760 KV - Wild Scorpion 11.1V 2200mAh 3S 30C - Walkera Devention 7 - CopterX B3 2-3Cell LiPo Balance Charger

#4 Jose Angel

Jose Angel

Team Iberian Lynxes (TIL)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

460$.....WOW :mellow:

#5 bluesurviver

bluesurviver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

I wish ebay had comments so you could be a smart-ass :P "unopen" But the box is opened! LIES!

Well, the box is opened but not the plastic protection of the CopterControl itself :)

#6 actionplus

actionplus

I have my keys!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2685 posts
  • LocationRancho Cucamonga, Ca. USA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

What the heck??
I have 5 on my hand now. One I actually own. And the rest are the communities.
Sorry guys. I running for the hills with you boards. I need to make $460 each. :P :D :P
Some crazy guys really paid $460 for it?

#7 bluesurviver

bluesurviver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

What the heck??
Sorry guys. I running for the hills with you boards. I need to make $460 each. :P :D :P

Be sure it paid 460$ on it, I was watching that transaction (just curious how the auction is evolving) - there was a big fight right before the auction ended ;)
Do you have 5 ?! What's your location ? I'm sending my quad to you with a paper box fixed on the landing gear, could you put 1-2 CCs in that box please ?... :P

#8 KillaX

KillaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

Well, the box is opened but not the plastic protection of the CopterControl itself :)

Time to take spare anti-static bags and learn the art of fusing them shut :P

Posted Image

#9 .Joel

.Joel

Key Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Recent dives in the flight controller market has seen multinational companies take huge profit losses over the past week sending consumer confidence in a spiral, however there was some good news today out of ebay that some manufacturers may be seeing their services are still in demand. Whilst the market sector over all has been soft during the current quarter manufacturers such as OpenPilot are enjoying brand recognition which has increased their market capitalisation by 46,000 cents during trade today indicating their biggest spike in value to date. This has sent some shockwaves through others in the sector who see this increase in market capitalisation as an indicator that OpenPilot may look to cannibalise their competition with growth in the 3rd and 4th quarters of 2012 due to planned production growth and as a result has made them softer targets for takeover. The OpenPilot project has a clear roadmap to forge the multinational company ahead with later releases such as the Revo to strengthen any softness in sales over the next twelve to eighteen months, this has also spooked some investors looking to their current flight controller portfolios recognising very little in the way of future planned growth.

:lol:
I'm just a bloody normal bloke. A normal bloke who likes a bit of torture.

#10 bluesurviver

bluesurviver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Time to take spare anti-static bags and learn the art of fusing them shut :P

Well, doesn't work. I checked my CopterControl through GCS in the day it arrived and was sure all the sensors are okay and it's working properly.
If I would receive a defective one I have EBay protection, I can contact EBay and make complaint that the item it's not working. They would
give my money back, I must send the item back to the seller and they will take their money from the seller. Too much trouble, you wouldn't like it ;)

#11 Dave

Dave

crap.....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts
  • LocationMundelein IL

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

I dont mean to be a stickler or anything, but I never understand why people would pay > retail on a CopterControl. Maybe 60 over, but, there's people willing to go cheaper... What i really dont understand, is why idiots resale the things for $460 dollars. If i had a spare one, that i didnt want to keep ( Which is never, why wouldnt I want to keep a spare??? ), I would sell it for $130, because thats close to retail value. Its a shame to see people rip others off, especially by a 200 dollar profit >_>

Just my opinion.

Could not have been said better. I really hope this becomes a readily available item someday. It makes me so mad to see stuff like this. I would never trade or sell my board even for $500. It pisses me off though, when someone sees a vid of mine, or at the field, and I have to tell them that they pretty much cant have what I have. So I generally dont say anything about the cc unless they ask.

I almost feel guilty for having 1. I did fine with wii, hfly, kk. Some people even assumed I had a cc when it was just a wii hehe! I am hooked on cc and dont want any other board.

#12 KillaX

KillaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

Yeah, I get people asking all the time, I even had one guy offer >$1000 to possibly build him a FPV frame that can run 20 minutes if possible.... But yeah, sucks in a way to have to say "Well, To get another CopterControl is going to take a very....long....time. Then i have geeky people that say "OH WELL IM GO?NA MAKE ARDUINO ONE THATS BETTER AND SELL THEM FOR $50!" -- Coming from the mouth of someone who can build just about anything with them, software and all -- Does it for a professional company job...with stuff > arduino. STM32, all that.

I'm just thinking heh. good luck. Quad copter sounds easy to do, just a tilt sensor, activate motors based off the degree of tilt.... but its not that easy...and he def. isnt using MY quad frame to test it >_> I wish to keep a quad, not have it crash or fly into space >_>

Posted Image

#13 2400rdr

2400rdr

Team MulletRotor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationTallahassee, FL

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

I wonder what the market for CopterControl boards will look like after the CC3D comes out if it's easily available?
Aiding and abetting entropy

#14 2400rdr

2400rdr

Team MulletRotor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationTallahassee, FL

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hah-hah- I was trying to say "CopterControl" board, but the editor automatically changes it to "CopterControl".

LOL- did it again. Wonder if "cee-cee" will work?
Aiding and abetting entropy

#15 xtrmtrk

xtrmtrk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

It makes me so mad to see stuff like this.

Don't be too upset if you don't know the details - in today's economy & unemployment, that could be the key to the seller keeping the bank mortgage vultures away from his house for another month.

And I suspect the buyer is a very happy (and lucky) person!

#16 J Regulator

J Regulator

TGG4EVA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

What the heck??

NOOO!!!!! :o
j/k - I'd totally understand if my board vanished and you ended up $460 richer ^_^ That's a lot 'o loot.

#17 Gundamnitpete

Gundamnitpete

has an Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1451 posts
  • LocationCindy Wity!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

I'll just sell my cc and BUY A FREAKIN HOUSE

http://youtube.com/teamwhitellama http://youtube.com/Gundamnitpete
Hl Eevryeno Meat bumy

(\__/)
(
='.'=)
(")_(")

Help Bunny by Copying and I don't think anyone even reads this anymore. Bunny is sad.

#18 cinekopter

cinekopter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationKöln/Cologne

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

I'll just sell my cc and BUY A FREAKIN HOUSE

congrats...waiting for your Board !
Attached File  460$house.jpg   355.76KB   23 downloads

smiley-laughing013.gif you dont need a key !
revo2.gif

Revo,CC3D,CC

X8 Octo 6s 15x6 8kw

Quad 4s Ms2216 10x4.7

#19 bluesurviver

bluesurviver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBucharest

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

Don't be too upset if you don't know the details - in today's economy & unemployment, that could be the key to the seller keeping the bank mortgage vultures away from his house for another month.

And I suspect the buyer is a very happy (and lucky) person!

You're right. The man I bought my CopterControl on EBay said he need the money more than the CopterControl. And I'm sure he wouldn't give it away if he would had another solution. Of course I didn't asked him details but I'm sure my money helped him to resolve some unexpected problem. On the other side I'm happy with my CopterControl. So I don't see the situation like he ripped me off, I see it like a win-win situation. I'm aware there are people who bought CCs just to sell them on more money. But my feeling was that the man I'm talking about is not one of them. He was open, sincere and told me how he bought CopterControl and even a frame to build his own quad but for now his priorities changed but he kept the frame hoping someday will buy another CopterControl and build his quad. Let's not make the same judgement for all, there are different situations for every one of them...

Edited by bluesurviver, 22 May 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#20 actionplus

actionplus

I have my keys!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2685 posts
  • LocationRancho Cucamonga, Ca. USA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Be sure it paid 460$ on it, I was watching that transaction (just curious how the auction is evolving) - there was a big fight right before the auction ended ;)
Do you have 5 ?! What's your location ? I'm sending my quad to you with a paper box fixed on the landing gear, could you put 1-2 CCs in that box please ?... :P

Well, I only own one. The rest are going back to the owners soon. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CopterControl, hit, EBay, price