The build is very simple and had no problems putting the unit together. I used Enthalpy PID setting and fly fairly well. It’s a spider design, so it’s not symmetrical. Being a novice I had a bit of getting used it coming from an X frame. The first few flights (LOS) went well no problem. I then had two crashes and broke three arms and FUBAR motor. Well, at this point I decided to take matter in my own hands. I decided to build my own aluminum arms. I calculated that I would have these arms about the same weight as the DIJ arms.
I found a local supplier that cut 1 ¼w x ¼h x8.5in L cuts for about $2 each. So I decided to make similar arms as the DIJ. After all the cutting and filing, I had the weight down to about 60g vs. 55g for the DIJ. Not bad, I could probably shave few more grams. Installed the new arms, also made provisioning for the legs and wrap them with foamy noodle. So far it has been a success, the arms seems to be more solid.
I still get some jello effect on the GoPro video, but less. I’m working on resolving this issue/problem. So, the replacement aluminum arms worked for me, and hopeful they will last. I spend less than $20 and a bit of work on my part, but that’s part of the course. (Build, fly, Crash, Repair and fix. And fly again). I do like making mods and thinker with this stuff though.
- - FC (OP CopterControl board)
- - 10in Props
- - RCTimer 2830-14 750Kv (
- - HK F20 – RapidESC
- - My own Aluminum arms
Just want to share this with the forum: