35 replies to this topic

#21 neBstress

neBstress

OP Monkey

• Administrators
  • 6381 posts
  • LocationSouth West

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

While it's not intended as an entry level radio, FrSKY will be entering the Radio Market in April.  The Official name of their first radio is not known, but it will be 9 Channels.  Will have open source software, an ARM Cortex 4.0 processor, speaker, headphone jack, microSD card slot, be speech capable, telemetry logging capable, PXX -- a new digital communications protocol that will bind the transmitter to the receiver -- similar to model match -- it will be capable of running two different transmission protocols - and most receivers have built in diversity an the two antennas.  Built in USB, Haptic alarms, Multi language (at least German, English, French, and some others I can't remember).  Price?  big mystery -- but expect to be shocked at how affordable.  The Open9x and ER9x crew have been working like crazy to have open source software ready for it right from the start.  FrSKY has been working WITH the 9x community on this project, rather than forking their work as was recently done on another recent low priced transmitter. Later in the year FrSKY will have a 12 ch and later yet a 16 channel that will blow my socks off.  What is really attractive about this transmitter is that when your lowest cell on your quad battery hits whatever threashold you set the transmitter can be set to shake and yell at you -- literally.  

Stay tuned -- I think this transmitter will do for the radio what Copter Control has done for the multicopter.  

So no 'new' news then :(.

#22 mtnvarmit

mtnvarmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hello,

I'm having problems binding my Turnigy TGY 9X to my Revo.

This is my first build, so probably newbieitus.

I have programmed the board using the GCS.  All seems well there (proper lights on board, correct motors spin in correct direction in output tab (config) with "test outputs" selected.

I have gone through setup on the Turnigy (Model Heli, Heli 2, Mode 2, PPM)

I have gone through GCS Input (config) (Mode 2, stick calibrations, Arming set at roll left)

This is where I am stuck.  After saving settings, powering off and on, arming does nothing.

I feel like I'm getting close!

Appreciate the help in advance

#23 scott page

scott page

Lugubrious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hello,

I'm having problems binding my Turnigy TGY 9X to my Revo.

This is my first build, so probably newbieitus.

I have programmed the board using the GCS.  All seems well there (proper lights on board, correct motors spin in correct direction in output tab (config) with "test outputs" selected.

I have gone through setup on the Turnigy (Model Heli, Heli 2, Mode 2, PPM)

I have gone through GCS Input (config) (Mode 2, stick calibrations, Arming set at roll left)

This is where I am stuck.  After saving settings, powering off and on, arming does nothing.

I feel like I'm getting close!

Appreciate the help in advance

Assuming the receiver is bound to the transmitter.  Be sure you've calibrated the sticks on the Taranis AND in the GCS. Check the Channel Monitor to see that you're in fact issuing -100 on THR and +100 on RUD (if that's the arming position you've chosen)Attached File  11-3-2013 7-18-34 AM.png   97.67KB   9 downloads

#24 mtnvarmit

mtnvarmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for the reply,

Is the Tarannis the same as Turnigy TGY 9x?

I have read that the Turnigy TGY 9X comes with the receiver bound to the transmitter.  How would I check this?

#25 Xtasy

Xtasy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for the reply,

Is the Tarannis the same as Turnigy TGY 9x?

I have read that the Turnigy TGY 9X comes with the receiver bound to the transmitter.  How would I check this?

The light on the RX should give you a blinking code. Depending on what you use it might be a green flashing light, or FRSKY it is a green flashing light with a red steady one. Check your manual :)

#26 neBstress

neBstress

OP Monkey

• Administrators
  • 6381 posts
  • LocationSouth West

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hi mtnvarmit,

No Taranis is not the same as TGY 9x, different radio, firmware & 2,4ghz system.

As far as I know the 9x does not come ready bound to receiver so you need to bind the 9x to the receiver before running the Radio Wizard/calibration in the OP GCS.

TGY 9x should be setup for 'plane' not heli.

In the OP GCS you select 'PWM' for receiver type.

#27 roddersNZ

roddersNZ

Let no eye remain unstabbed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

EDIT: Deleted repeated answer about PLANE instead of HELI

Sorry

Edited by roddersNZ, 04 November 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#28 mtnvarmit

mtnvarmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for all the assist on this.  I will be doing this right after a truck load of firewood. (Snow tonight on the Canadian boarder @ 3000' takes precedence)

Curious about the PWM, as I thought the tutorial said most TX/RX would be PPM.   Glad I checked in for some help.

Thanks again

#29 neBstress

neBstress

OP Monkey

• Administrators
  • 6381 posts
  • LocationSouth West

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

The 'PWM' & 'PPM' settings in the GCS has nothing to do with the PPM in your Radio, they simply refer the way the receiver is connected to CC3D/Revo;

PWM = traditional, 1 wire for each channel

PPM = PPMSUM/CPPM, 1 wire for all channels (only certain systems support this, FrSky, IMRC, DL, etc)

#30 mtnvarmit

mtnvarmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Another Revo takes to the air!

When I attempt slow takeoff, it pulls/drifts backwards (I have X config quad), so I have some tweaking to do, but so far, it likes to fly.

Thanks again on the assist.

#31 ARBY

ARBY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBend, OR

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

Has anyone ever reconfigured the 9x charge port to power FatShark goggles?

#32 morbosity

morbosity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

My 1st post , Another Aussie, N.S.W , all ways wanted a remote controlled plane as a kid.Never got their , This seems like a good way to start.

Thanks guy`s , much research , i just ordered the 9x from hobby king along with 4 30A esc`s for less then anything else i could find.

Ordered the revo board the other day , No stupid questions YET!  ,I  will reserve space for that elsewhere ,Once i collect a few more pieces.

again thanks everyone , this forum has been abit of inspiration for me

Edited by morbosity, 30 January 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#33 Drifter

Drifter

HELPER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1504 posts
  • LocationSawtell

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

Has anyone ever reconfigured the 9x charge port to power FatShark goggles?

Haven't used the charge port but I added a socket connected directly to the battery.

VK2CH

Team Big Banana
Award Hunter

Free Plans for Folding Quad

Building the Drifter-T

#34 Kilrah

Kilrah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

I've rewired the + wire from the charge port directly onto the battery connector to charge my Li-Po through it, and the side effect is that it could be used for your purpose too.

#35 Drifter

Drifter

HELPER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1504 posts
  • LocationSawtell

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

This is what I did.

http://forums.openpi...-mods/?p=194654

VK2CH

Team Big Banana
Award Hunter

Free Plans for Folding Quad

Building the Drifter-T

#36 bernsy

bernsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPoint Cook

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

My 1st post , Another Aussie, N.S.W , all ways wanted a remote controlled plane as a kid.Never got their , This seems like a good way to start.

Thanks guy`s , much research , i just ordered the 9x from hobby king along with 4 30A esc`s for less then anything else i could find.

Ordered the revo board the other day , No stupid questions YET!  ,I  will reserve space for that elsewhere ,Once i collect a few more pieces.

again thanks everyone , this forum has been abit of inspiration for me

nice welcome to OP.  

I wasted one month trying to get a kk2.0 ready for stable flight but I never managed to do it.  With REVO my quad was hovering straight out of stock settings.  amazing controller.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transmitter, first