12 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Mortimer

Gary Mortimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationCold Brayfield UK, Rosetta RSA

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

Now I can see this is useful, and could be part of the GCS long term.

#2 Gary Mortimer

Gary Mortimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:56 PM

And I tell you what the website is flipping good, well laid out and the information required. http://www.rclogger....c-logger-school A very impressive pitch, the Dragons in the Den might go for it. (That comment won't work in lots of countries)

#3 Coptaire.com

Coptaire.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:29 AM

Visit Eagle Tree System > Pro OSD + Elogger.
OP seems to be Eagle Tree compatible. (Soon? with V1.0?).

I mean, this is the tracking logging feature topic, with flight replay and positioning.
Or expressed like: FPV replay with geolocalisation (in plane or space).

#4 Gary Mortimer

Gary Mortimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

Oh that is interesting I did'nt know that Eagle Tree were doing that as well, I like their stuff we used to use it back in the day. I like the one unit ness of this thing.

Just had a quick look, the Eagle Tree does not give you the ability to jump to a frame of video, it just logs stuff or have I read that wrong?

#5 Coptaire.com

Coptaire.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

not pretenting a one to one comparison.
It is a field of applications where different products offer convergent features.
Indeed, the feature you mention is appealing!

#6 MatLi

MatLi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

not pretenting a one to one comparison.
It is a field of applications where different products offer convergent features.
Indeed, the feature you mention is appealing!

Hi! May I jump into this post. I am actually "Chris" from the RCLogger.Com team. Our system is often mistakenly described as a data logging device. Well, it is, but our intention was to combine HD video capturing and data logging into one solution and have all data sets, regardless if video, photo, GPS or whatever data you might be interested in, to be fully automatic synchronized to each other including the video or photo material.

Maybe I should make this point more "stand-out" next time around ;) We are going to launch a new 1.5 beta internally next week which will add some graph tools as well as options to choose between the GPS recorded altitude or the atmospheric altitude, which is obviously much more accurate compared to the GPS altitude data. OSD will be added with one of the next beta versions (hopefully within 1.5) including options allowing the user to configure the OSD layout by her/himself and trim/export the video with the OSD embedded. And there is no need to any data manually synchronized by hand or whatsoever ;)

The next beta release will also offer exporting data files in various formats and allowing to save single video frames as .PNG file (we are still looking at the file format, so it might not be .PNG).

Our list of features is still endless, but please take note that our main challenge and aim was to produce a robust, yet vibration free and light weight HD camera including optional data logging.

Hope you guys don't mind that I jumped into this thread ;) If you do have comments suggestions or even complains, well please keep them coming and I will see into it to answer your concerns.

Greetings,
MatLi.
- Align Trex 450 SEv2 / Sport / Pro
- Mikado Logo 400 vbar
- My YouTube Heli Log | Find me on Facebook
- My personal Domain (German)
Posted Image

#7 Gary Mortimer

Gary Mortimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

Welcome and perhaps you should rename it! Is the camera truly HD??

Excellent site BTW I am impressed.

#8 MatLi

MatLi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

Welcome and perhaps you should rename it Matli! Is the camera truly HD??

Hi Gary,

you do have a good point here; it could be the name. I did not think about this before.

The video raw frame size is 1280 x 720 pixel without inter-polarization which is HD. Still image raw frame size is 1600 x 1200 pixel. Thats the max we could get out of that IC and still have no significant vibration problems like so many other cameras do have and are sold as "Flycam" - but have terrible vibration - that is what we clearly did not want to copy or repeat. As higher your frame rate gets as more attention is needed to get vibration related effects under control.

Tomorrow we will be testing a mounting system for the RC Logger (and yes again - that name does confuse) and I am already exited to test it if the weather permits. This should get even the last vibration effects cleared out. We are testing on "standard" RC helicopters without having the user to perform rocket science to reduce vibration before mounting the RC Logger.

Cheers,
MatLi.
- Mikado Logo 400 vbar
Posted Image

#9 Coptaire.com

Coptaire.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

Hi! May I jump into this post. I am actually "Chris" from the RCLogger.Com team. Our system is often mistakenly described as a data logging device. Well, it is, but our intention was to combine HD video capturing and data logging into one solution and have all data sets, regardless if video, photo, GPS or whatever data you might be interested in, to be fully automatic synchronized to each other including the video or photo material.

Maybe I should make this point more "stand-out" next time around ;) We are going to launch a new 1.5 beta internally next week which will add some graph tools as well as options to choose between the GPS recorded altitude or the atmospheric altitude, which is obviously much more accurate compared to the GPS altitude data. OSD will be added with one of the next beta versions (hopefully within 1.5) including options allowing the user to configure the OSD layout by her/himself and trim/export the video with the OSD embedded. And there is no need to any data manually synchronized by hand or whatsoever ;)

The next beta release will also offer exporting data files in various formats and allowing to save single video frames as .PNG file (we are still looking at the file format, so it might not be .PNG).

Our list of features is still endless, but please take note that our main challenge and aim was to produce a robust, yet vibration free and light weight HD camera including optional data logging.

Hope you guys don't mind that I jumped into this thread ;) If you do have comments suggestions or even complains, well please keep them coming and I will see into it to answer your concerns.

Greetings,
MatLi.

Hello Chris,

It is good to learn more about the specifics of RC logger.
In this world of integration, breaking down features of what is offered by product X, by product Y from company Z is important to conceive a multifeatured craft that make sense.
So, it seems that you emphasize the quality and stability of your camera, and I understand that you offer various sensors along the video timeline, right?
with time accuracy and easyness of usage, in a modular way. (As a trial to sum it up!)

Talking about HD cam, how your cam compare with the Go Pro HD ?, which is today a landmark product. (If you agree, of course).

A remark concerning integration: OP announced that integration with Eagle Tree System will be offered from initial SW version. Am not on comparing products, but integration is a keyword for me, to build by adding feature versus by adding product (possibly redundant).

How do you conceive RC logger possible integration within OP? (and other).
An integration example: I particulary appreciate the JETI 1-wire allowing to remote configure (beyond parameter telemetry).

#10 MatLi

MatLi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:07 AM

Hello Chris,

It is good to learn more about the specifics of RC logger.
In this world of integration, breaking down features of what is offered by product X, by product Y from company Z is important to conceive a multifeatured craft that make sense.
So, it seems that you emphasize the quality and stability of your camera, and I understand that you offer various sensors along the video timeline, right?
with time accuracy and easyness of usage, in a modular way. (As a trial to sum it up!)

Talking about HD cam, how your cam compare with the Go Pro HD ?, which is today a landmark product. (If you agree, of course).

A remark concerning integration: OP announced that integration with Eagle Tree System will be offered from initial SW version. Am not on comparing products, but integration is a keyword for me, to build by adding feature versus by adding product (possibly redundant).

How do you conceive RC logger possible integration within OP? (and other).
An integration example: I particulary appreciate the JETI 1-wire allowing to remote configure (beyond parameter telemetry).

Hi!

Yes, I agree that integration is an added advantage and your feedback will be discussed with our team internally. In fact, at least for the RC Logger Viewer PC software we are also considering "allowing" other hardware provides export file format to work with our software (there will be an import function for GARMIN devices which are compatible).

As for the hardware, let me have our development team study the possibility for our phase III development.

Well, the Go Pro HD is definitely a good product, no doubt about it, but let me add that our approach was different. Yes, you could compare the video quality where I believe we should not be any less good compared to the Go Pro HD but there are other factors to consider as soon as you target to have the camera attached to an RC model. However, I fully agree that no product will ever be perfect for all types of application and for sure we also have plenty of areas where we can improve. But still, I believe - phase I / II development - job done and I am at least happy with the result.

We did like tones of hours of testing and I could share some video material with you all from the very first day (which was horror) and see how far we have come in terms of fighting against effects caused by specific vibration amplitudes which are typically seen on RC models.

If it comes to "good video quality" (keeping in mind that whatever hardware solution you develop, it will always be a compromise between application requirements, technology and commercial factors), my team knows exactly how serious I am about this and how often I had "forced" them to improve on these issues - guess they must hate me by now ;)

I am flying RC helicopters myself and during some of the tests you could clearly see the disappointment on my face, but in the end, that is where we are now, I had a big smile from ear to ear.

Having said that, we have gone through a learning curve and this will benefit us much for the next generation "RC Logger 2.0" which should be available by end of 2011.

We will update our progress from time to time and we might even provide a developers blog for you all to follow-up closely.

Greetings from Hong Kong,
Chris.
- Mikado Logo 400 vbar
Posted Image

#11 MatLi

MatLi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:58 AM

Latest beta release video explaining new graph features + new field test results:

- Mikado Logo 400 vbar
Posted Image

#12 MatLi

MatLi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

New "Add-On Module" photos posted at http://www.facebook....158020790889291
- Mikado Logo 400 vbar
Posted Image

#13 MatLi

MatLi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:23 AM

Dear all,

I have some news for you today, for those who want to test the latest beta version of our RC logger Viewer 1.5 Beta (Release 101016). We have uploaded three files for you as following:

/BETA_SOFTWARE/RCLoggerViewer-V1.5-beta-101016.zip
/SAMPLE_DATA/field-test-data-for-beta1.5-101016.zip
/TUTORIAL/rc-logger-viewer-1.5-5-intro.wmv (also to be found at our vimeo and facebook pages)

To access these 3 files go to ftp://rclogger.com/101016

User: rclogger
Pass: rclogger

- Make sure you have at least version 1.4d full installer installed before you execute the beta version, otherwise you may have required codec files missing!

- Extract the beta software into a folder as you prefer but keep the folder structure intact. DO NOT overwrite your existing installed version!

- Extract the field-test-data-for-beta1.5-101016.zip in any folder you like (all files within this zip file must be located in the same folder). This file includes data of all three sensors which are now ready (GPS, Environmental and System Module).

- Execute the RCLoggerViewer.exe located inside the newly created folder where you have extracted the beta files.

- Click on "File -> "Import Video" and load the video and data files which are located inside the folder where you previously extracted the field-test data.

You are ready to test the new features! Enjoy!

Note: This is a beta release. It may only work for a limited time. Please read the software disclaimer located inside the FTP server or on RCLogger.Com. Let me know if you need any further help.

Facebook: http://www.facebook....158020790889291

Attached File  rc-logger-viewer-1.5beta-101016-full.png   475.26KB   18 downloadsAttached File  P504D_LB_00_FB_S_W.png   329.09KB   22 downloadsAttached File  P504c_LB_01_FB_FULL_W.png   560.65KB   15 downloads
- Mikado Logo 400 vbar
Posted Image