• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Precise Ecomatics

Precise Ecomatics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

Is there anyone here who has the skills to take two Sony Nex 5' and make one dual headed mini-beast?
I am posting here because it is beyond my capabilities, and I don't even know if it is possible.

I have thought about just putting two of them on a camera mount... they are light enough to still work out for >5mins of flying... but I think that some of the weight can be shaved off by hard wiring them together.

1) full control from whatever interface is being used (I really prefer a tablet: convergeddevices.net/products/vega.html
2) both heads in complete sync
3) remove the redundant parts that are unnecessary for an on board cam system...

I realize that this would need specific IR frequency native to the Sony... no problem right?
Waste of cash??

Is there a better way to get high resolution stereo imagery and video?

I feel that this is the project to get into.

just a part of the wishlist.

G.

#2 Guest_dankers_*

Guest_dankers_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

Really interesting idea, the issue we have is time and also at this stage of the project we are still testing basic flight, things like this will come for sure but I expect people will look in to cameras and additional things like this once we have actual flight well and truly sorted out.

#3 Coptaire.com

Coptaire.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

Before tweaking 2 SONY's, you can find a remote head with 2 cams, matching what you describe, lighter and less expensive.

Posted Image
Binocular FPV Info

Also, Panasonic has a new camcorder where you can screw a double lens optic (software processing for stereo view)
Posted Image

There is also a wifi cam with a panoramic capability, seeing 360°.
Posted Image