TheOtherCliffMember Since 22 Apr 2010
Offline Last Active Today, 12:31 PM
I semi-retired early and am 55 now (2012).
I have a 4 year degree in math, a 2 year degree in physics, and decades of C programming experience from hardware (personal favorite) level up through app architecture. Interrupt handlers, concurrency, critical sections, fault handlers, threading issues, hardware issues, OS, etc. Mainly on PC architecture.
I have flown RC airplanes (mode 1 and 2) since about 1972 and to cut out the false modesty, I am very good at it. I have been doing FPV for several years now. I also have some heli experience (mode 1), but few stunts. I have got some multi-copters on order. I am trying to decide whether to change to mode 2 for helis.
I understand electronics thoroughly, and have designed and or built several things from simple (audio amps) to slightly more complex (redesign CPU board to add a banked memory system and interrupts).
I have flown ultralights since 1985 and used to claim that I couldn't remember the last time I had flown without at least looping (snap rolls and continuous inverted flight (dead stick) too).
My interests have always included robotics and computer vision, and I have been doing research and sample code in this direction for several years.
Here at OpenPilot I am interested in:
- the TX Switch API. I would like to make sure that it is done very generally with general events and general lists of procedures.
- the "unreliable telemetry problem" (settings don't stay set, modules don't load when you tell them to, etc.)
- flight envelope look up tables; my first impression is that I would like something table driven, where you could use stability derivatives or a trim flight to fill in the table.
- finding space for CC/CC3D to expand a little more before being retired. I have not researched this at all, but I have a lot of experience with compilers, linkers, optimization, etc.
- logging to unused flash.
- CC navigation. So far, always fixed wing.
- certainly many other things too numerous to mention.
- Group Members
- Active Posts 773
- Profile Views 2598
- Member Title CC3D Nav lead
- Age 56 years old
- Birthday July 23, 1957